How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Fort Gordon Family Homes! We look forward to welcoming you to your new home and want to make sure the application and leasing process is as convenient and efficient as possible. Fort Gordon Family Homes serves as the on-base housing community for active duty Army families assigned to Fort Gordon and we also welcome qualified military retiree, DOD civilian and general public applicants in select neighborhoods.
You can get your application for Fort Gordon Family Homes started in a variety of ways:
Active Duty Military Applicants
We work together with our Military Housing Partner at the installation to seamlessly manage your application and leasing process. As part of the process you will need to provide the following information:
- Housing Application
- LES Statement
- DD1172 DEERS Enrollment
- Copy of Stamped Orders (provide upon arrival)
A completed housing application is required in order to be placed on the wait list. Other documentation may be required depending on your situation, including a copy of current PCS orders. To accept a home, the Service Member must be signed in at Fort Gordon and present confirmation of clearing previous duty station (form DA31).
Your eligibility date for housing is determined according to the following criteria:
- If you are PCSing and are within the 30 day window, your eligibility date is the day you left your previous station (as verified by clearing papers).
- If you are PCSing and do not apply within the 30-day window, your eligibility date is the date of your application.
- If you are coming from an unaccompanied tour (e.g. Korea), your eligibility date is the date you departed your previous duty station for the unaccompanied tour, with a maximum credit of 14 months.
- If this is your first duty station and you are married, your eligibility date is your date of entry into the military. If you were married after the date of entry, your eligibility date is the date of the marriage.